Tuesday 22 May 2012

Far East in the Middle East

It would not be a lie to say that during my first few days of being here in Dubai I have done much else other than soak up the sun, swim some lengths and read my book.



With temperatures reaching about 39 degrees, I feel a million miles away from the cold and rainy London that I left last week.

I did however, go for a scrummy dinner on Saturday night.

Now, the food here I believe, is beautiful. Of course everyone can have a bad restaurant experience and there are plenty of international chains here that will always serve an average-at-best meal, but many of the restaurants in some of the most decadent hotels around, serve simply sublime food.

Needless to say I have never had a bad meal here. Ever.

Saturday night was no different. We headed down to the creek and ate at The Thai Kitchen at the Park Hyatt Hotel. I have eaten in another restaurant here before, but this time we were searching for something Eastern...something with a kick. We sat outside by the boats on the water sipping cold Thai beers and a variety of exotic cocktails. After an amuse bouche of chili beef in sesame seeds, I opted for one of the taster menus, which offered a total of 12 individual dishes, and let me tell you- each one was so delicious. Not to bore you with each course but some of my favourites were the crab meat vermicelli noodles, green papaya salad, chicken galangal coconut soup and black bean ice cream with coconut sago. It was pretty darn scrumptious.



Unfortunately I didn't get any snaps of the food as it was pitch black outside, but I did venture into the restaurant to get a couple of the ingredients the chefs had out on display in their open plan kitchens.



For more information about The Thai Kitchen and menus click here.  


For the next few days I plan to immerse myself in my book and work on my tan, but will endeavour to take some pictures of some sites for you guys to give you a feel for the place.



x

4 comments:

  1. ahh, dubai! i dream of someday visiting there. it looks like such an incredible place. keep us posted on your adventures there! and be sure to include lots of pictures :] xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and I hope you enjoy the updates! x

      Delete
  2. love your dress! Dubai sounds amazing :) Wow, you're living in London? Was there last year and I was so inspired by the city! It's my favourite city! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it's from River Island. Aw London is fab, let me know when you're next In town and I'll show you round! X

      Delete